Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Gay-lo



So I finished Halo at approx. 2:30am this morning. It was quite a good game. The shooting control were spectacular, not making me wish for a keyboard and mouse combo once. Lovely. The effects were pretty good (for 2000) and the story was okay, I wasn't really paying attention to it. The only major problems with Halo are the stupid situations the game puts you in (40 on 1 where they have 2 tanks, 2 turrets and 2 of them massive things and it's you on a Ghost. Easy.) and the fucking Warthog controls. Accurately driving a Warthog is harder than picking up Rose Byrne if you love her as much as I do. Seriously, it's like trying to steer an ice block on fucking ice...with ball bearings underneath the ice block...and it's covered in like soap or something slidey.

Unfortunately for everybody who tries to finish Halo has to suffer through the final section: A race against a timer through what essentially is an obstacle course in a fucking Warthog. This took me about 6 or 7 tries to finish it. It ranks quite high in my "Worst Things In Video Games" list. It was incredibly frustrating and essentially torture

This and the shitty one-man-army feeling of the game pushes it down from a potential 10/10 to an 8/10.
It was really good, but my personal taste and the fucking controls ruined it.

Now, onto what I'm currently doing: Being buttfucked by the internet.
For once, the internet is actually failing me.
I'm trying to download 2 albums:
Fairport Convention - Unhalfbricking
Nirvana - The Story of Simon Simopath (Original 60s folk Nirvana).

I can't find any downloads for them anywhere and when I do, the torrents don't work. This is horrible. I really want those albums to build up my folk collection.
If anyone has these albums, can they please upload them to mediafire and link them for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Above is a picture of the original Nirvana

Nirvana - Lonely Boy
Fairport Convention - Matty Groves

No comments:

Post a Comment