Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Downloads

I've been downloading like a motherfucker lately. Sorry, bandwidth, but your 25GB limit can easily take this. I haven't finished listening to all the albums because I do that.
Let us gaze into the magical blogosphere and see what I have illegally obtained:

The Pretty Things - S.F. Sorrow


Pretty sweet rock opera. Can't tell you the story because I wasn't really paying attention. Great guitar sound, though. 5/5

Os Mutantes - Os Mutantes



Some Brazillian psychedelica / tropicalia. It's pretty great, with some lovely Portugese that I can't understand, some great melodies and the ultimate in killer sunshine chilling tracks: A Minha Menina. 4.5/5

Spirit - Twelve Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus


Some sexalicious psyche that's ultimately wacky. I'm currently listening to this, it's shaping up to be a solid 4.5/5, but only time will tell, there could be a string of shitty songs to come. I fucking hope not, this is hilarious.

The Monks - Black Monk Time



Sometimes called the first punk album ever. Haven't listened to it yet because I just haven't. "Shut Up" and "Blast Off!" are pretty great, so I'm hoping the other tracks follow suit. These guys are Vietnam vets, how fitting to make a proto-punk band...

Sparks - Kimono My House



This is outrageously camp and hilarious glam rock. I love the weirdness of it. It's simply amazing. The album is relentlessly rockin' and the distinctive vocals make this a must for anyone who would party down to stupid glam. 5/5 without a doubt.

Derek and The Dominos - Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs



I love blues rock. This is an incredible album. The songs are heartfelt and Clapton is truly, truly great at life. Plus Duane Allman slide guitaring the FUCK out of Layla is amazing. 4.5/5.

Fats Domino - This Is Fats Domino



Overwhelming amounts of "meh" except for "Blueberry Hill". That is an amazing song. The rest is boring blah. 3/5.

The Pretty Things - Balloon Burning
Os Mutantes - A Minha Menina
Spirit - Street Worm
The Monks - Shut Up
Sparks - This Town Ain't Big Enough for Both of Us
Derek And The Dominos - Bell Bottom Blues
Fats Domino - Blueberry Hill

And there's still more to come!

P.S. Work was horrible today. Every customer got on my nerves. Did not want to be there. RAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment