I had my trail HSC Music Practical exam today. I sung and played (guitar) these three songs:
- Wilco - Outtasite (Outta Mind)
- Pixies - Where Is My Mind?
- The Beatles - A Hard Days Night
Unfortunately, my vocal performance in Outtasite was not overly spectacular, with a few flat notes that I desperately did not try to hit and I also gagged (you know when you have a really parched mouth as a result of being sick and you dry reach and gag, yeah) on nothing, essentially, during the first chorus line. That wasn't so good.
Also, in A Hard Days Night, I had my usual problem of not-actually-being-able-to-sing-the-damn-song. Uh-oh!
Lastly, on the HSC point, I wish I could go back in time and change my songs. I'd love to perform:
- Windmills of Your Mind (Legrand/Bergmans)
- Bring Da Ruckus (Wu-Tang go SWIINNG - REPRAZENT!)
- Here Come The Rome Plows (Drive Like Jehu)
- See No Evil (Television)
- All The Way From Memphis (Mott The Hoople)
This leads me to think about which singers really fucking nail everything they do. Some people just have voices that make you think:
"Wow, your vocal chords must be lined in pure godliness"
For me, the people with these voices are:
- John Lennon
- Paul McCartney
- David Bowie
- Dusty Springfield (ESPECIALLY)
- Brian Wilson
- Colin Blunstone (The Zombies)
- Roger Daltrey
- Thom Yorke
- Elliott Smith
- Flavor Flav (LOLJOKEZ)
I wish I could sing 1/5th as good as these people. Then I'd ace my HSC and get into encore then get all the honeys. Fuck yeah!
The Zombies - Care of Cell 44
Dusty Springfield - Windmills of Your Mind