Monday, September 28, 2009

DiRT

Colin McRae DiRT is a fantastic racer. It's all cool when my car (usually my Mitsubishi Evo IX) gets covered in dust and mud and shit and I win by 22 seconds because Clubman is simply too easy. Speaking of dust...


Predictable photo? Screw you! So I woke up at 5:50am on doomsday and I was pretty freaked out. I though my eyes were bleeding. Then I thought there were bushfires and stuff. Then I went on facebook and Matilda told me it was a dust storm.

The weather has been pretty crappy recently. I was hoping it'd stay all hot and summery but it's now windy. I loaded my 5-stack CD player and was planning to do some outside study, but I thought it was going to start raining when the wind changed so I went inside. My records were:
  1. Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion
  2. Kanye West - The College Dropout
  3. Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest
  4. Animal Collective - Strawberry Jam
  5. Radiohead - Hail To The Thief
I decided to go 2000s because I'm so frightfully modern and hip.
Here's a photo from today:


That was before the wind changed and the dark clouds scared me.

Oh yeah, I also tried to play some Sega Megadrive yesterday, but because it connects to my TV via RF cable through the antenna plug, I couldn't get it to work and I was not prepared to manually search through 199 channels to find if it was working. I was devastated, I am hardcore craving Sonic The Hedgehog 2.
So then I tried to set up my NES through the dinosaur AV cables (yellow for video, black for mono sound!). That was working, but someone was totally farked with the power supply and it kept turning on and off and on and off and it was shit because I wanted to play ExciteBike and Super Mario Bros. Now I've got a lot of work to do in order to play some old school games. HD gaaaames are no problem, though. Well, they aren't HD because I don't have a HD TV. DiRT looks amazing in HD.

So I decided to play some Nintendo 64. And so I began a new game on Super Mario 64, and it was pretty great, soooo nostalgic. I also decided to get out my ol' The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time GOLD cartridge because that's the best game of all time. OF ALL TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment