Sunday, June 27, 2010

Guile Theme



Even though I am just playing Grand Theft Auto IV but with more horses, less protitutes (I know, you cannot do whores in the whore-house!), more coyotes and $3 rewards, I am fast becoming addicted to Red Dead Redemption. It is fucking sweet. Like so sweet. Maybe it will be a 10/10 like Hyper gave it. Probably not. Solid 9.5 currently, though. Worst thing is the water = death mechanic they decided to go with. What a shame. Still, I kill buck like a boss. Big buck huntin' on horseback.

Anyways, because I'm drunk on the last train home on Saturday nights, I type shit into my phone. This would have taken a while for me to do...I can't really remember it. Damn that tequila shot (lolnotreally).

"Cube Runner is really hard when you're seeing double...

I wish my headphones didn't get lost somewhere along the way tonight. I'd totally be jamming out some:

- Sleigh Bells - Crown On The Ground
- Holy Fuck - Red Lights
- The Undertones - Teenage Kicks
- Hüsker Dü - Never Talking To You Again

I'm totally getting into 80s alternative and power pop currently. The Replacements are absolutely loved by me. Let It Be and Tim are solid albums, both highly recommended. I'll probably start listening to some R.E.M. soon and go on a binge with them. Document and Murmur are incredible records. Might listen to Green. I have Automatic For The People on CD, so I may give that a spin when I get home after some mi goreng or a toasted sandwich. A truly great band who people either take for granted or do not pay enough attention to.

Hüsker Dü are similarly as amazing. I could recommend Zen Arcade to absolutely anybody. It's the O.G. American Idiot, but with 80s production. Simply brilliant and beautifully emotive songs were written by Bob Mould and Grant Hart.

However, I have a soft spot for albums that let my emotions loose. Those albums where you yearn for the past when you mull in melanchaulia. Stuff like 16 Lovers Lane by The Go-Betweens and Rumours by Fleetwood Mac. Albums that are brought together through emotional turmoil and destrought. And Live Travels At Illegal Speeds by Graham Coxon, it holds a special place in my romantic history.

Tonight was pretty fun. At first, I was quite sad that Nicole decided to not come and get drunk with me. I was really looking forward to that. James Squire Brewery was cool, as per usual. It is a nice pub with a great atmosphere that I can always get into. Bar Century was packed and I drank many a-scotch and coke. I love $3 drinks...they make my life. Then there was the George Street drama with Aidan being punched by some guy. I don't know the full story, but I can bet there was more in it than a guy punching Aidan for no reason. Regardless, we managed to calm him down and not create too much of a scene...I hope. When we got to The Argyle, more bad shit happened. Eli couldn't get in so we tried to sneak him in by giving him my shoes, but the sneaky, sober bouncer caught us. One tequile sht later and I was saying goodbye to Tim and getting on the last train myself.

Oh dear, I apologise for my drunken ramblings.

Con

PS. Awesome, you'll shut up and leave me be."

Hideyuki Fukasawa - Theme of Guile

Umm...I wanna play Final Fantasy XIII. And like, Asian girlfriend...

1 comment:

  1. <3 that Hüsker Dü track, most rad.

    Scotch is baws. I wish I had toasted sandwiches and Mi Goreng when I got home. I had a cup of very bad coffee.

    ReplyDelete