Thursday, July 22, 2010

North Star



Erich Heckel, Landscape in Holstein, 1913



Alexei Jawlensky, Symphony in pink, 1929

I saw these two artworks at the European masters collection from the Stadel Museum at the National Gallery of Victoria. It was a pretty good exhibition with a broad range from classical works to modern expressionist stuff. It was great to see artworks from a place that I'll probably never visit (Frankfurt), which opened my eyes further to the fantastic, enormous world of art. Also, there was a Claude Monet artwork that I am practically a giant homosexual for because I love Monet too much.

I grabbed myself an audioguide. It was an iPod. Pretty modern guys down there in ol' London Jr. So I'm walking around the art gallery, trying to not walk with my parents like a cool dude, checking out the artworks and the women (if you guys could have seen this chick, ma gawd), click-clackin' on the floor in my new shoes, all that cool stuff. After going to Melbourne again, and a bit older, my desire to live there has reignited. And if I can't move there, I'll just roll over in the holidays, fuck shit up at Hi-Fi Bar, 24 Moons and Pony, throw up in an alley somewhere, piss on something and then go to an artfag laneway for eggs benedict and tea. Wow, that's pretty superficial. Hell yes!!!

Blakroc - Stay Off The F*%$#n' Flowers (feat. Raekwon)
Raekwon - Glaciers of Ice (feat. Ghostface Killah & Masta Killa)
Meth, Ghost and Rae - Our Dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment