Friday, July 30, 2010

Recently Obtained

Recently, I've been downloading heaps of hip-hop and singles from 60s bands. Got myself a fairly extensive collection of Kinks, Who, Rolling Stones, Small Faces, Zombies and Pretty Things singles. Even got an instrumental Beatles B-side called "Cry For A Shadow" which was off the chain. Lennon/Harrison composition.

Also currently downloading Zombies and Pretty Things EP collections, which makes me impossibly cool. Or a nerd. Either one I'm fine with.



As for hip-hop albums, I've accquired:
  • Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth - Mecca & The Soul Brother
  • Kool G Rap & DJ Polo - Live and Let Die
  • Mobb Deep - The Infamous...
  • Black Star - Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star
  • Boogie Down Productions - By All Means Necessary
  • Murs & 9th Wonder - Murs 3:16: The 9th Edition
  • Afrika Bambaataa & SoulSonic Force - Planet Rock
and some early songs here and there like Kurtis Blow's "The Breaks" and some Cold Crush Brothers. I love to hip some hop like a fresh black man.

The Pretty Things - Rosalyn

No comments:

Post a Comment